Friday, August 19, 2016

The Greenwood Tree: William Shakespeare

Under the greenwood tree
Who loves to lie with me,
And turn his merry note
Unto the sweet bird's throat,
Come hither, come hither, come hither:
Here shall he see
No enemy
But winter and rough weather.

Who doth ambition shun,
And loves to lie i' the sun,
Seeking the food he eats,
And pleased with what he gets,
Come hither, come hither, come hither:
Here shall he see
No enemy
But winter and rough weather.

Summary: In this poem, 'The Greenwood Tree', the poet William Shakespeare describes the charms of forest life and asks people to come and join him in forest. The poet invites any enthusiastic friends to come and take time to relax under the greenwood tree and turn any melodious note of the heart into the sweetest song that the sweetest bird can ever sing. The friend is free to sing like a bird. So anyone can come immediately towards the greenwood tree. Here one shall find no enemies but only the rough and cold weather of winter. 

28 comments:

  1. NICE WEBSITE ! THANKS.THIS WEBSITE HELPED ME A LOT FOR MY SCHOOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just 1 stanza i want 2 stanza

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a poem too. Someone summarize it please -

    Bobs or vegana, whichever will it be?
    Sit the fuck down, T-Series
    I'm here to spill the real tea
    You tryna dethrone me from spot on number one
    But "You India, You Lose"
    So best think you haven't won
    When I'm through with you
    We're gonna be completely fucking done
    'Cause we only just begun
    I review you, zero
    Bye bitch, gone
    So come on, T-Series
    Looking hungry for some drama
    Here, let me serve you bitch lasagna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it can help meee in the exam hall..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you soo much it helped me for my school

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much..and so nice theme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much..and so nice theme

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much..and so nice theme

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much..and so nice theme

    ReplyDelete
  12. this helped a for my assignment thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  13. This helped so much for my assignment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice and meaningful summary I have till found

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for your kind summary of this poem. I had a lot of help from you.

    ReplyDelete